We are delighted to continue our transition work in close collaboration with our local primary schools.
East Point Academy plays an active role in the South Lowestoft transition leaders' forum and the group is chaired by our transition leader here at the academy. This forum gives us the opportunity to hear from our local schools and discuss best practice in serving our community and giving our young people a chance to settle in and flourish throughout their secondary school careers.
Here are some of the events and activities we have held in the past few years:
- Senior leadership attendance at primary school parents' evenings
- Assemblies at primary schools led by former pupils and our trained Year 10 transition ambassadors
- Design & Technology, STEM and art workshops taken into primary schools and held at East Point Academy
- Music workshops at East Point Academy for pupils as young as nursery age up to Year 6 with Suffolk Music School
- School sports events and sports days run by our Key Stage 4 sports leaders for Key Stage 2 pupils
- Close liaison with subject leaders so that East Point staff are more aware of what has been taught
- Hosted Year 6 pupils for the last week of the summer term to ensure that they were completely aware of the school, rules, regulations and timings
- Heavily subsidised music lessons for pupils joining in Year 7
If you would like to discuss any issues regarding transition please contact Mrs Wisher at: